While almost everywhere is locked-down indoors, to prevent the spread of COVID-19, Canadian Basketball Journeys (CBJ) has released Women For The Win, the first in a series of anthology books that include personal stories of perseverance and determination from WNBA & professional players, coaches, and agents, to inspire the next generation of female athletes.
The eBook was published last month and reached International Bestseller status on Amazon, in multiple categories and countries. The book listing page on Amazon continues the bear the coveted #1 Bestseller Orange Flag, a result of achieving THREE #1 best seller positions in Canada, where it was produced.
A softcover print, hardcover print, and audiobook edition of Women For The Win (Volume 1), will be released in the coming months, with plans for alternate-language editions.
Amazon review by Jerry Howarth
“Aycha writes about her feelings so well that every reader will enjoy and learn from them whether they are into sports or not. It’s called life as Aycha shows us how she overcame various adversities to make her the person she is today so positively influencing others. The best way I can sum up Aycha who I have known for years is this: as a person she went from glass half empty to glass half full to now glass overflowing with her most loving heart for others. After reading her story you will be overflowing with praise for her, too.”
– 5.0 out of 5 stars
Opportunities to meet directly with the co-authors begin in early May, with a “Meet the Co-Authors” series beginning May 7 with WNBA Player and Team Canada member, Kayla Alexander.
Register and participate at:
Women For The Win is not just another book, it’s an opportunity to join a family. The Canadian Basketball Journeys “family” is creating active communities, and opportunities for young athletes to connect individually and personally with leading female athletes, coaches, agents, and broadcasters, to inspire and enrich their own journeys into leadership through sports. CBJ is committed to creating initiatives that fosters family involvement and promotes basketball, wellness, and education – these initiatives are funded by the proceeds of books, and event sponsors.
#CBJFamily and #CBJShareYourStory
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:
Created by Alison Canning and Kevin Wilson, NBYMP
“We intentionally released this book now to give our co-authors an opportunity to connect and listen to families and offer them hope, encouragement and love as a fellow person.”
Foreword by Tariq Sbiet, Founder of North Pole Hoops and CEO, National Preparatory Association
Sharing their own stories of overcoming personal and external challenges and obstacles, the list of coauthors includes:
* Natalie Achonwa, WNBA Player, Team Canada Member, 2x Olympic Athlete
* Kayla Alexander, WNBA Player, Team Canada Member 2021 Olympic Debut, Children’s Book Author
* Bridget Carleton, WNBA Player, Team Canada Member 2021 Olympic Debut
* Aycha Hamaoui-Askarova, Collegiate Coach & Educator, Director of Basketball Development NBYMP
* Alex Kiss-Rusk, Professional Basketball Player, Team Canada Member
* Meghan McPeak, Play-by-Play Broadcaster (WNBA/NBA G-League), Manager Content & Programming MSN
* Mariah Thomas, Professional Basketball Player, Team Canada Member, Founder of Enrich Fit
* Katherine Plouffe, Professional Basketball Player, Team Canada Member
* Micaella Riche, Former Professional Basketball Player, Women’s Basketball Scout & Collegiate Coach Basketball, Operations Manager-Lay Up Youth Bball
* Chantal Vallée, CIS National Champion, Coach Head Coach/General Manager for Men’s CEBL Team (Professional BBall)
* Leisa Washington, WNBA/NBA Basketball Agent, Founder of Camda Sports Foundation
Canadian Basketball Journeys presents “Women For The Win” OFFICIAL Author Intro Video
Interview with Kayla Alexander
CBJ is supported by 6 Canadian provincial basketball associations including British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and New Brunswick, with more partnerships anticipated.
ABOUT THE BOOK:
“Women for the Win”, is a series of personal stories with potentially transformative tips that promise to educate and empower those who read it. There are 5 more volumes of stories already on the playbook, along with live events and programs to strengthen the connections between readers to the authors.
CBJ is a creative platform that empowers families through stories, perspectives, and love. In partnership with Canada’s most influential and iconic people, CBJ hopes to assist youth and families along their own journey both on-and-off the basketball court.
Through CBJ’s book series, online presence, and events, families can expect a positive, yet thought provoking experience. The “CBJ family” is expanding globally and growing to become an educational platform filled with positivity, love and faith.